Filing TDS Return Online has been divided into 5 easy steps as follows:
- First step is to prepare the e-TDS return file according to the given format. This requires filling of Form 24, Form 26 and Form 27
- The file should be saved in the pure ASCII format with extension as ‘txt’ using any appropriate software like MS Word or MS Excel or Notepad.
- The next step in filing tds return is to verify the e-TDS file with the help of File Validation Utility software provided at the website. Each utility software has different mechanism for annual and quarterly returns.
- Erroneous files will be reported by the File Validation Utility and proper changes need to be made before verifying again.
- If your TDS return files passes the validation phase the File Validation Utility software will generate a printable format of the file which can be uploaded directly on the official website of NSDL.
E Tds return filing online will be successful if one follows these 5 steps with no mistakes.
Services / Form 24G :
The data structure (file format) in which Form 24G is to be prepared : Form 24G_File_Format_version 1.0.